Wednesday 9 January 2013

Let it Snow


This weeks theme on the Tando blog is snow and Tando make these gorgeous mini snowflakes - I think I only have 2 left now! They also do a set of 5 snowflakes mask which I used with texture paste - I have seen a tutorial to make it but not tried it here, but I used some Martha Stewart paste (it's not that cheap) and just scraped it through the mask.  You need a tool with a flat edge so an old credit card or some stiff cardboard would work  too.  Once the paste was dry I then used my large photo - it is one of my favourite shots of  eldest all wrapped up and ready to play in the snow. I then added some strips of MME All is Bright (yep still going with that pack) and then a mixture of embellishments in the corner, some from last years Crate Paper and Basic Grey collections.  I then added some stitched lines of snowflakes.  I covered the Tando snowflakes in white memento ink, and then added some glitter glue, I also punched out some vellum snowflakes and added little pearls to the centre.  I glued them on and then ran a row of straight stitch from the top of the page.  I cut the title out on my silhouette which is Ali   Edwards' font and so I didn't have to mess around with too much glue on the photo I added a little glue to the words just to hold them in place and then stitched through the centre.

So for lots more snowy inspiration here is a link to the Tando blog.





23 comments:

  1. Oh that's a super page. I love those snowflakes and the big photo is stunning.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning!! Love the big photo, the colors and how you placed the flakes and title on the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - I love the collection of embellishments in the corner and the photo is fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a striking page! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok that large photo is just awesome and i love how you put the snowflakes on it!! great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page ... love the snowflakes you created. I'm a real snowflake fan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing photo and I love the stitching!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...pretty photo! Love the snowflakes that appear to be dangling from the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page - very striking.I love the snowflakes too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautiful page love the colours and the photo ain't half bad. I love the snowflakes I've used them before on pages etc I think they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous! Love that title work over the large photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Kat that is absolutely gorgeous the photo is fabulous but the way you've scrapped it is out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful,page, love the big photo and snowflakes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful page and Gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful page! The snowflakes are so pretty. I am in love with the little Cocoa and mittens embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Katherine - I cannot tell you how much I love this layout. I literally drew breath when it popped up on my google reader! It is absolutely stunning x

    p.s I have had to download the Ali Edwards font too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty, I really like the delicate laser cut snowflakes....beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the use of the big photo and great job with the snowflakes- I like how you have them stitched as if they are falling!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a stunning page. That photo is awesome.
    I love all the stitched lines. Great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous page!
    And love the blown up photo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's beautiful. I love the colours and the photo. Jenx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails