Wednesday 18 April 2012

Happiness is...


Here is my page for the 1st of Shimelles challenges which was to be inspired by a wonderful page by Jamie Warren.  I've used my new Crate Paper Pretty Party papers (love them which you can find here), and I had a go at making some folded chevrons (thank you for the tip Daphne) here is the link to the tutorial.

I started the page by dry brushing on some gesso in the centre and in all 4 sides.  I then started making my chevrons - I just used the 6" pad with 2" strips and then I stitched them down the middle.  Once the paint was dry I added some torn glassine envelope over the middle section of my page and then layered up the chevrons, I added a dictionary page and the photo and one of the flower embellishments from the range.  Behind the photo I tucked some journalling on a tag.  One of the papers in the kit is all tags, so I cut out a few and stitched around the edges, layering them up.  I also stitched the word Love on one in Amy Tangerine style :)  I layered up oddments of paper and some of the stickers just to add some more colour and layers, and then a few Prima gems.

I am really pleased with this page, I love this photo of my Dad and me - it's one of those candid snapshots where he is sporting his moustache (which is not a handle bar one apparently :)!)

Just finished off another page from the challenges, and got some new stash in the post so might even manage another page this week - I am loving it.




14 comments:

  1. love your take on the challenge Kat - i'll be sure to try out the chevron tutorial sometime - they look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, beautiful colours too.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout.
    Great job stitching the words on the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful. I really like your chevrons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout, those folded chevrons are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great take on the page, the chevrons are great, may have to have a try at these myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous layout - I love how you have stitched that tag and the chevron layer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very beautiful and thanks for the tutorial link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh sweet. Love the chevrons Kat. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  10. This page looks fantastic! I love the colours and the effect of the gesso!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty! I love the colours and the gesso.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails